This position reports to the Head, Policy.
The Policy Specialist (Banking)
is primarily responsible to undertake research, analysis and review of regulatory / industry developments or issues affecting PIDM and its member institutions, and contribute towards formulation of PIDM's positions and policies in administering the deposit insurance system and developing a resolution regime for its member institutions.
Among others, the Policy Specialist (Banking)
is also required to:
- Monitor, review, assess and analyse developments or issues relevant to financial industry, deposit insurance system and resolution regime, both locally and globally, and determine their impact and potential risks on member institutions and PIDM;
- Conduct research, develop and formulate proposals on revised and new policies related to the deposit insurance system and resolution regime, and provide support to ensure that policy intent are correctly reflected in the PIDM Act and subsidiary legislation;
- Maintain ongoing liaison with regulators and member institutions in order to ensure that policy proposals under development are workable and appropriate;
- Coordinate inputs from relevant PIDM’s departments in formulating PIDM's positions and policies, and provide support to international initiatives in advancing the views and interests of PIDM.
Keperluan Academic Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant disciplines.
- Preferably at least 5 years of working experience. Working experience in the area of strategic research, policy development or financial industry would be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. MICPA, ACCA, ICAEW, CFA) would be an added advantage.
- Well-versed with the banking industry and financial policy developments locally and globally;
- Demonstrate technical competency, sound professional judgment and strong understanding of financial industry issues;
- Knowledge of financial industry frameworks and the relevant Acts;
- Strong research orientation with flair of writing; and
- Self-driven and inquisitive.